[78-L] Ross Bagdasarian (was mainstream radio)

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Jan 11 10:15:01 PST 2010

You're lucky. I outgrew that song when I was 8. I love "The Music of David Seville" recordings on Liberty much better than the Chipmunk crap. Ross Bagdasarian was a very inventive composer but the Chipmunks made him a zillionaire so he went with that. I'd probably have done that too, but I would have choked on the money. I think he would have made a fabulous motion picture composer. The only thing Bagdasarian ever had to do with movies was when he played the frustrated composer (typecasting!) in Hitchcock's "Rear Window."

Cary Ginell