[78-L] Data recovery (was Re: cassettes)

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 17:43:07 PST 2010

Talking with fellow computer geeks on the amateur radio, and diagnosing, it sounds like the data is intact, but the control board is fried.  Fortunately on the Western Digital 1 Tb Caviar series of drives, a control board swap is possible, costing me only the price of a new drive (and the 12-back of beer for the guy who has said he can do the swap once he gets back from CES <grin> ).

I'll keep the list advised.

Brad