[78-L] transfer of acoustic vocalions & 8tracks.com for sharing

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jan 10 16:27:20 PST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "martha" <MLK402 at verizon.net>
> They sound good!  I'm slowing them down by 2.5%, which comes to 78rpm, to
> make Billy Jones sound like himself on Moxie. The instrumentals seem to be
> about the same.  Thanks for sharing !

Listened to...and saved copies of...nine of the ten sound files (see my 78-L
post...!). I have NO idea how many "red" Vocalions I own...but IIRC it is
a fair number! I was lucky enough to pick up about a dozen of the vertical-
cut predecessors of these, at a yard sale here in Oshawa, Ont'o...they
cost me $10 for all of them. H&d Vocalions bear 12xxx catalog numbers,
and were sold 1918-19. I'm still working on a way to convert many of my
"half-vast" shellac archives to sound files...?!

Steven C. Barr