[78-L] Ukulele Ike on Harmograph

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Jan 10 12:24:30 PST 2010

Just got a copy of "The Hottest Man in Town" b/w "My Best Girl" by Ukulele Ike (Cliff Edwards) on Harmograph 987. This is the 3rd variation of the label - colored blue and featuring the slogan "The Human Echo" beneath the label name. This release is not listed in Rust's Entertainment Discography although there is a Pathe pairing of the same sides. Are these the same masters? Inscribed in the label are the numbers 032088A and 032088B, but these do not match any of the Pathe numbers I've seen. And incidentally, "My Best Girl" is a super hot title, with Edwards scatting along with a hot tuba! Anyone know who's accompanying him?

Cary Ginell