[78-L] Music Survey Recording

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:45:08 PST 2010

This is in two parts---------

Part one.
Are there other Music Survey Recordings issues?  Was this done by a public
relations firm in an effort to get a recording contract for these
performers?  Are there other recordings by either Stuart Wade or the Town
Criers?

Part two.
I played this (a blue wax, by the way) and didn't make it all the way
through either side.  Stuart Wade tries to sing like Bing but has neither
the tone nor the timing.  He's not helped by a lyricist who can't decide
whether the home that he so pines for is in New Mexico or in New Jersey.  No
recording contract from me.

The Town Criers are trying to update the Smoothies sound but can't quite get
there. The arrangement is disjointed and the song stays with you only as
long as it takes you to rid your mind of the images of monkeys fetching your
beer.