[78-L] Dumb Gennetts

martha MLK402 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 9 10:24:45 PST 2010

Robert Callen, a recording engineer for Gennett and later Brunswick, stated
that he/they determined that too
much bass on the records didn't work on the older acoustic phonos (which
most phonos still were - compared to acoustics, very few electric phonos or
even "Ortho" types  were sold until after the Depression) .. so they
purposely filtered out the lower end.

Complete paper here:  http://www.box.net/shared/2qtgy02lmy