[78-L] Music Survey Recording

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 19:15:38 PST 2010

I bought a 78 today that is new to me but probably not to some of you.,

The label says "This is a Music Survey Recording"  "National survey of this
song expires June 30, '46"

Around the edge it reads "This record is the property of the broadcast
station to which it is sent.  For survey purposes, to be used by record
commentators only.  Not to be sold commercially."

side 1A  That's My Home vocal by Stuart Wade    Vic Schoen and his
Orchestra    Leeds Music Corp. Publishers,

side 1B  Monkey, Monkey   vocal by The Town Criers    Jerry Feldman and his
Orchestra    Shapiro-Bernstein Inc. Publishers,

What is this and how did it work?