[78-L] Kate Smith stamp

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Fri Jan 8 15:11:43 PST 2010

In a message dated 1/8/10 5:51:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
simmonssomer at comcast.net writes:

[pc]  Smith lived a few blocks from my home (long  before I moved to  it.)
Ted
> Collins lived on the adjacent  street.  His children went to  local public
> schools.   Belle Baker lived around the corner.  (Also  before my  time.)

If I'm not mistaken she lived on Park Avenue South (4th Ave.  Mebbe about
38th Street or so?)

I live in a seashore community and some treat it as a retreat from
Manhattan.  And I know a few year-round residents who also maintain  an apartment
in Manhattan.

pc