[78-L] Kate Smith stamp

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Jan 8 08:40:00 PST 2010

Bailey was never as big a star on radio, television, or films as Smith was, so most people really didn't know what she looked like. The one who really never had jokes made about her looks was Ella. I think this was because of the tremendous respect people had for her abilities as a jazz singer.

Cary Ginell