[78-L] Acoustic/electrical recordings on same disc

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 06:23:43 PST 2010

I just had a look on Tyrone's site, and found the source of the earlier
question:  19823 has the same selections as 17164, with 'Hark the
herald....' shown as matrix BVE.11120-4 and a recording date of 16 October
1925 (recorded 14 years to the day after the acoustic recording) whilst
'Silent night' is shown with the same matrix number and recording date
(11791-1, 26 March 1912) as for 17164.

I wish I had a copy of 19823....the words Elsie Baker sings for 'Silent
night' (at least on 17164) are a totally different translation I've not
heard anyplace else, and I can't make many of the words out on the acoustic
recording.