[78-L] hoo-HAA dispute ^ [FWD]

Malcolm - Venerable Music malcolm at venerablemusic.com
Thu Jan 7 04:25:19 PST 2010

Hey Cary - I hate reading stories like this & it is part of the reason I
created the auction site. The way it's designed, there is no feedback for
buyers, because a buyers only job is to bid & then pay for his items. If a
buyer is unhappy, he can return any item (at his expense) and receive a full
refund from the seller (it's part of the agreement when you sign up). If the
record is sold at or under $50 and arrives broken, the we cover the expense
and the seller is absolved (unless there is habitual breakage).

In your case, we would have no tolerance for funny business and the flaming
feedback would be removed & the buyer's account would be deleted.
On top of that, if the buyer elects to pay with paypal, and opens a dispute,
the dispute is with Venerable Music (not with the seller) since we are the
company billing.
We then present the information and fight the case. If paypal decides in the
buyers favor, then we are the ones on the hook (not the seller) and you can
bet we will not be dealing with that buyer again. If the buyer agrees to
return the record for any reason though, then the seller would be
responsible for the refund (which is granted through us & billed to the
seller), but that buyer must return the record in a way that is traceable so
we can confirm delivery.

Truth of the matter is that while hoo-hay has a far-reaching grasp of
potential buyers, this means that it also attracts lots of nutballs. One of
the strengths of the VM auction is that we only deal with actual collectors
who have some sort of responsibility. For the most part, Hoo-hay does it's
best to absolve itself from transactions - even though they collect a
handsome portion of the sale of your item. Unlike this philosophy, we are
the middle men and consider ourselves responsible (and at risk) for both the
buyer and the seller, so there is no tolerance for abuse by either.

Sorry for the commercial, these stories just rile me up (and I slept
terrible last night)!
The south may get some snow today!
Malcolm (the other, other one)

Venerable Music - http://www.venerablemusic.com/