[78-L] Yodeling

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 05:05:31 PST 2010

"In 1924 Puckett accompanied fiddler Gid Tanner to New York, where, on March 7 and 8, they recorded twelve songs and tunes for the Columbia Phonograph Company. They were the first country-music artists to record for that firm. These recording sessions yielded vocal selections by Puckett and fiddle tunes by Tanner. One of Puckett's songs, "Rock All Our Babies to Sleep", established him as probably the first country-music artist to yodel on records."