[78-L] Fun with DAT (WAS: Chap new turntable)

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 3 22:50:55 PST 2010

dl wrote

> My method isn't that pure either, but it's digital..I still transfer to
> DAT,
> where I can correct false starts or re-start tracks that skip or wow
> and I can
> re-do the start points before transferring the finished program to CD.

I still use DAT from time to time also.  I just got a new Sony R-700 deck
off oBoy.  Seller didn't say that the cassette door was broken and that it's
missing it's feet!  Lots of Styrofoam peanuts, too...and with the cassette
door being broken, guess where a goodly amount of the little buggers ended
up???  Still...very low hours and it seems to work just fine otherwise.

I'm using it tonight to copy an Allman Brothers LP to CD for my brother.
I'm not sure that it's less hassle than going into the computer, but it's a
little more fun...and very easy to do fade-ins and -outs and fix track
starts.

Sammy Jones