[78-L] Portable record player

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sun Jan 3 15:29:19 PST 2010

--
Yeah, I know, and that's why I also wrote:

> The vinyl factories, today, rely more and more on special issues/ snip

My point was that the market for do-it-your-self dubplates (and for "vinyl
cutters") is dwindling. Not interest in vinyl itself.
But this time it's not 12'' dance music releases for dj's that explains the
revival, it's  the "collector's" issues in different genres, re-releases and
new releases of soul, funk etc. Some retailers, like Juno Records in Britain
(dance music), even offer labels to press limited vinyl editions of their
releases.
The palette is broader and the manufacturers of hardware have responded, as
we have seen.
And I'm as happy as, I guess, you are.
Kristjan