[78-L] TURNING THE TABLES, (was New Cheap Turntable

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 3 11:43:12 PST 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> I wish you'd identify the turntable! No secret police on this list (he said,
> looking over his shoulder and under the bed). Of course DJ turntables are meant
> to play music where wow and flutter wouldn't make a bit of difference. You
> could also play twelve-tone music, Weill's "Mahagonny" and everything recorded
> by Joseph Szigeti after 1940 and never notice any problems....

I think I was told a while back the DJ turntables should not be
construed as being high fidelity. They are designed to work in either
direction for "scratching" and there is something in the geometry that
makes them unsuitable  for our use. Plus, a true lab device could not
hold up to the hard use in a DJ environment. I cannot recall if it is in
the arm design or the cartridge or both.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.