[78-L] National Film Registry 2009 list - only 2 musicals -

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 1 08:56:26 PST 2010

Steve Ramm wrote:
> Announced this week:
>

> http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2009/09-250.html
>

> Only musicals are Muppet Movie and Thriller.
>

> Also, too bad they couldn't have rights to post link to excerts or trailers so folks could see samples of the more obscure films like Hot Dogs for Gauguin.
>

> LOC does this for the Sound Recording Registry.  Guess a copyright issue.

I have approached LOC about their holdings. They are reticent to release
anything they have due to copyright issues. All permissions are offsite
and must be obtained. The cost of obtaining copies is prohibitive.
I have to wonder why we are paying the government to hoard this stuff.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.