[78-L] New Cheap Turntable

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Dec 30 18:03:30 PST 2009

This Newmark also has a battery operation option, making it useful to
bring along to record shows.  I've used it and it is fairly weak and
flimsy, but it does play the records.  To answer a question about 78
styli, just about all of these cheap TTs use a ceramic cartridge and
there is a 78 sapphire available on the web if you look for it.  The
instructions might mention this and give a web page, but they might not.
 I've seen both the LP diamond and the 78 sapphire for about the same
price as each other, about $15.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Marie Lamb <marie.lamb at gmail.com>