[78-L] FW: Alex Steinweiss article

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Dec 28 12:41:52 PST 2009

Here's the initial response Liesl sent to me. Since she appears to be honestly unenlightened, I have been keeping my comments respectful. She seems interested in seeing evidence of the truth (or at least her editor was). As you can see, even her qualifying statements are wrong. I doubt if she has ever held a 78 album in her hands to know what they actually are. I think she believes that Steinweiss's covers are merely older LP jackets and that all 78s were packaged in the same way LPs were, in 12" plain sleeves (I've never seen any that were packaged like this.) I don't think she understands fully the concept of what a 78 album looked like or that multiple disc collections even existed.

Cary Ginell