[78-L] Alex Steinweiss article

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 28 11:01:27 PST 2009

Which is why I'm not even going to waste any energy on this issue..it's of
interest to US, and it would be nice if the truth came out, but that's about
it.  A couple of weeks ago a competent film critic reviewed "Me and Orson
Welles" (or Orson and Me or whatever it is) for the Toronto Star and questioned
whether Welles actually used ambulances to get between studios in New York in
the late 30s. My response and my relating the story that Welles actually missed
the opening of a broadcast in Toronto in 1942 went nowhere. Over the weekend I
bumped into an old school buddy who was enthusiastic about having found a
device that will enable him to play his dad's old 78s into the computer, and
one of them is probably really rare coz it's only recorded on one side and it's
Caruso singing "Vesti La Giubba".

Life is too short.

dl