[78-L] Everyone Their Own Picasso ^, (was Marsalis makes the world safe for pure jazz^)

eugene hayhoe jazzme48912 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 20:39:52 PST 2009

So you're claiming that 'free jazz' ( a label numerous practicing musicians dispute by the way, precisely because of the confusion it creates in the minds of many people) musicians are trying to copy/imitate people who don't know how to play/beginners?

How would you explain someone like trumpeter Lester Bowie of the Art Emsemble, who also worked extensively with Little Milton (Sun 78 rpm artist)? That when he was with Little Milton, he could play, but when he was on his own with the AEC, he couldn't play or could only imitate beginners?

Gene