[78-L] Subject: Everyone Their Own Picasso ^, (was Marsalis makes the

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Sat Dec 26 18:21:32 PST 2009

Can I just point that however Picasso painted eyes or anything else is not in way an "inaccuracy". That's an incredibly limited point of view, that renders painting no more than a dumb sort of photography (and photographs are much more inaccurate than any painting).

Calling Picasso's stylistic efforts "inaccuracies" is especially sad coming from someone who claims to understand and enjoy jazz -- not free jazz of the 50s and 60s, but ANY jazz. Jazz is nothing but a farrago of "inaccuracies", after all. My god, that Armstrong fellow is playing notes off the beat! Why, a child could do that! All music besides marching bands is just bunch of Jackson Pollack, right? Right?

Didn't think so.

Picasso's the most accurate painter who ever lived.