[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 18:50:49 PST 2009

<< So do you see why I feel so sensitive about differentiating the categories? >>

Gee. If only you'd had the boon of being born after the Madeleine Murray decision
was handed down by the Warren court in the early 1960's you could have avoided
the anguish of being exposed to little second graders singing subversive
Christmas carols like "Silent Night," and could have rejoiced when the Warren
court held that manger scenes in front of town hall had to come down, though
a menorah in the same location was sufficiently secular to pass constitutional
muster, at least with them, since we all know a menorah has nothing to do
with religion.