[78-L] Philco Demo Album 78s ?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 22 19:42:22 PST 2009

Actually they did have some, pressed by Columbia. I've seen twelve-inch light
classical recordings with green labels, early 40s (I've also seen a Music
Appreciation series with similar labels and probably the same recordings, drawn
from Masterworks titles) and red label discs with music on one side and someone
like Gene Autry extolling the virtues and clarity of Philco instruments on the
other. I don't have that many discs but I do have a few, and an album for them.

Philco had a long relationship with Columbia going back to around 1930 when
Columbia pressed transcriptions of Philco syndicated radio programs.

dl