[78-L] Warner Archives Hollywood Revue of 1929

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Dec 22 15:01:21 PST 2009

From: Steve Ramm <steveramm78l at hotmail.com>
> This was an MGM film, not a Warner Brothers Vitaphone. The print
> is not restored . . . On my standard screen ratio 27 inch TV the
> film was cropped a bit too much and person on left is sometimes cut off.

In the early years of sound-on-film but sound-on-disc was still in use,
the optical soundtrack was placed inside the perforations and reduced
the width of picture area.  This might be a problem with the print they
had available.

> But I'm pretty sure this has not been on TV . . .  Steve Ramm

I also ordered it, and a lot of the other early ones on sale.  But I
think I have it on VHS amd maybe also DVD from a couple of the OTR
convention dealers.  I lose track of all of these films with nearly
identical names and years in the titles!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com