[78-L] Warner Archives Hollywood Revue of 1929

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Dec 22 14:03:47 PST 2009

I have some of the Hollywood Review soundtrack on those giant 16" records
they used to use for early talkies ...I bought a shit-load of the things
from a guy I ran into years ago.  We met in the parking lot of a local
McDonald's (closest I've been to one in years) and I bought a big,  heavy
stack of them...nothing complete but partial soundtracks from The Lost
World,  City Lights,  etc. and happily for me,  the part of Reaching for the
Moon which includes that Bing Crosby song about hi hats and low-downs.

Somewhere along the line in upgrading turntables, I realized that I no
longer have anything to play the big ones on.   Too bad for me.

Taylor