[78-L] Randy Brooks

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Dec 22 13:53:57 PST 2009

> I have B-7505 and B-7516. Brooks sounds like Bunny without the clinkers!
>
>      Julian Vein

I love Berigan but also love Randy Brooks...those post-war black Deccas he
made are just beautiful,  as is his lead work with Hal Kemp in 1939-40.

His Decca of The  Man With The Horn is the best version of that tune I've
heard...there are also super Decca versions of More Than You Know, Tenderly,
and another instrumental which I recall as "Holiday Forever" or some such.

Listen to his lead work on the Kemp Victor of  "I Thought About You."
Magnificent record in every respect...great Bob Allen vocal as well.

Taylor