[78-L] Worst reprocessed reissue

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 21 20:32:59 PST 2009

I think I've found a candidate for "worst reprocessing of vintage material on
LP". Not one that's going to be in everyone's attic, I'm sure, but I picked it
up today in a thrift store..REQUEST SRLP 8112, "Songs of Old Russia" by Peter
Leschenko (or Lestchenko, as spelt here). "Recorded in Russia". "Collectors
Item" it also says on it. Also "Riaa playback equalization should be used for
this record in order that the ultimate performance capabilities may be realized."

And what do we get?

Fake stereo, time delay you can actually count, TONS of echo, and surface
noise..the surface noise (swish) is also in fake stereo and time delayed and
with echo.

Nichevo.