[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sun Dec 20 20:06:10 PST 2009

I wrote:
>And I've co-arranged a Leroy Anderson 100 year memorial concert in
>Gothenurg in January where the conductor was happy to exclude
>"Sleigh Ride", just because nobody wants to hear Christmas Songs in
>January.
---
Mike Beal wrote:
> Sounds like he was TALKED OUT of performing it, not that it was his idea
> to not perform it.  You were probably very persuasive and that his
> happiness might have been more to end the discussion!
---
I'd suggest you calm down a bit, before this gets out of hand.
A couple of days ago you dubbed me a Christian, although I've never
expressed any religious views on this list.
Now you're telling me how a concert programme in Gothenburg was set,
implying that I was overly persuasive etc.
I admire your knowledge in matters of record collection, production,
reproduction, cleaning, packaging, tasting, filing, playing and a thousand
other aspects, and I guess we all do, including yourself. But that doesn't
make you omnipotent. And it definitely doesn't put you in a position where
you can throw around wild guesses about other persons' religious beliefs or
conduct.
That gets close to violating net privacy and integrity, which we all should
be able to enjoy on this list. Including Tom, BTW, whose decision not to
mention his second name is none of your business either.
Kristjan