[78-L] NOT 78s but.... vinyl article in AARP Magazine

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 20 08:36:40 PST 2009

Yes, we know LPs sound better and (almost) always did. But from a broadcaster's
standpoint, the death of vinyl couldn't have come soon enough, given the corner
cutting and lack of quality control in just about every record plant in North
America. I can assure you that the same thing will happen again.

The CD could have been a lot better..programming could have been improved, the
jewel box should have never been invented (it would have been very easy to
retain the LP jacket and just shrink the area where the disc is inserted, and
we wouldn't have had to put up with longboxes and blister packs and lacerated
fingers and filled dumpsites). On the other hand, the CD gave me a new career.

dl