[78-L] The Peacock Network

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 20 06:31:36 PST 2009

We didn't even bother getting a color set till the early 80s..frankly I didn't
like what I was seeing, even in closed circuit demonstrations. When I went to
my CBC gig in Edmonton, my furnished apartment came with colour TV. Very washed
out. Cable looked pretty miserable on subsequent receivers and on every system
as well (Rogers, Shaw etc) but that was all there was.

This retro intro may have been there for a while. In Canada, the Canadian
transmissions of network programs are substituted on the cable systems (yeah,
we don't like it either..among other things, it means that nobody up here gets
to see those million dollar Super Bowl ads) and only when the Canadian station
or network is running something else does the American feed get picked up, as
in the case of Lawn Norder Friday evening.

dl