[78-L] Leroy's Buddy - me!

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Dec 19 11:45:30 PST 2009

Leroy Anderson:  I like every dang thing of his I've ever heard.  Even the
ones that are almost "too clever" are still very musical.

My faves of his are Belle of the Ball,  Sleigh Ride and #1 is Serenata..the
latter due to a fantastic version on one of those Enoch Light Command LPs
called "Reeds and Percussion."  Toots Mondello on lead alto with an
eight-man sax section playing the main theme...wow!

Taylor