[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 18 21:44:49 PST 2009

From: "Kristjan Saag" <saag at telia.com>
> I've yet to see record companies starting to issue "Best Of Winter"
> compilations with Santafree songs, good until March in Massachusetts
> and All Year Round in Alaska.

GOTCHA!!!  How about THIS one???

Label 	Varese Vintage
Catalog number 	066404
Release Date 	Nov 12, 2002
Winter Wonderland Album Track Listing

	1.	I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Judy Garland
	2.	Button Up Your Overcoat - Dick Haymes
	3.	Winter Weather - Jo Stafford
	4.	June in January - Bing Crosby
	5.	Moonlight in Vermont - Margaret Whiting
	6.	Roses in December - Dick Powell
	7.	Holiday in Harlem - Chick Webb
	8.	Frozen Logger, The - The Weavers
	9.	December - Kay Starr
	10.	Winter Wonderland - Johnny Mercer
	11.	Lovers of December, The - Rod McKuen
	12.	Winter Like My Life Is Passing - Arthur Greenslade
	13.	Snowbird - Chris Connor
	14.	Simple Gifts - Glenn Yarbrough
	15.	Baby, It's Cold Outside - Petula Clark/Rod McKuen

Here are a few more:
http://www.answers.com/topic/mystical-moods-winter-flurries
http://www.answers.com/topic/night-moods-winter-dreams
http://www.answers.com/topic/winter-moon-1995-album-by-various-artists

> I assure you: "Sleigh Ride" is as dead as a doornail after December
> 26 even in the iciest parts of Northern Norway.  Kristjan

Not here in the U.S.  Since I knew one member of the Leroy Anderson
family and have talked with another, I don't think they would appreciate
their royalties stopping cold on Dec 26!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com