[78-L] Marta de la Torre

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 18 19:13:18 PST 2009

DAVID BURNHAM wrote:
> Does anyone have discographical information for Edison Diamond discs?
>
> I have been asked by the great grandson of Marta de la Torre to transfer a couple of her discs, including two Edisons.  One is "Hindu Chant" and "Bygone Days" and the other has just a beige lable with nothing on it, (I have a number of these from which, I assume, the labels somehow fell off).  Its number is 51103 L and 51103 R, (I doubt if these are two stereo channnels of the same piece).  I'm interested in knowing how prolific Marta de la Torre was and how many other Edison discs there may be by her.

Almost every recording made by Edison is listed in the databases that
you can download here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/78_archives/files/Mark%20Bardenwerper/Edison%20recordings%20archive/

They take a little deciphering and spreading out to glean the
information packed in, and if you are handy with databases, you can sort
them and find what you are looking for more easily.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.