[78-L] Soundies

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 18 12:01:35 PST 2009

That, I knew (not hard to detect actually). And Julian's carping
notwithstanding, that's been one of my favorite Ellington records since I was
knee high to my dad's collection. It was also used for years as the theme to
"Jazz Unlimited" on CJBC in Toronto, with a cross fade from the first to the
final chorus (done live by the operator every Saturday, till they broke their
second last copy)..I can still hear that join.

ps to Cary..book arrived, thank you!

dl