[78-L] The Christmas Songs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 18 10:18:38 PST 2009

I also missed "The Chipmunk Song" but probably because I don't know of anyone
else who recorded it except the Chipmunks again, with Canned Heat.

I just went out to pick up some cheese and heard Bobby Helms singin' at me. How
many other 50+ year old Christmas records (der Bingle aside) still hold up today?

As opposed to most Christmas albums recorded in the 60s, which were dated then
and are ghastly today (Andy Williams, Bob Goulet, Glen Campbell before his
voice changed etc). Incidentally, the Boston Pops' Christmas album has hit that
half-century mark and still sounds wonderful.

dl