[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Dec 17 18:46:43 PST 2009

Probably all of the above, to different degrees. I would de-emphasize, however, the influence of Disney in favor of the other things you mentioned. "White Christmas" may have triggered the trend, or it may have been a by-product of it, but it seems that there has been flurry of contemporary, mostly secular Christmas songs ever since.

Cary Ginell