[78-L] Warner "Big Band" set - Go watch it! <vbg>

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Dec 15 20:06:33 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "martha" <MLK402 at verizon.net>
> same here - no TV in the living room, just the bedroom.  Comfiest chair is
> the puter chair ...  19" LCD display, holding out for a fantastic price on
> minimum 28" widescreen  ...   AND our 'puter room' is right next to the
> kitchen, so nuke-box and ice-box are handy!    Downside:  Two unhappy
> cats,
> ticked-off because laps aren't available when blocked by keyboards.
>
> ps -  My newest TV is a genuine, weird-sized 14" Sears from 1982 - great
> picture, btw.   Still have my grandparents' enormous 1952 Zenith, too.
> Heats the room.

My TV is a c.1976 21" Sony CRT set...bought for $5 at a rummage sale about
a decacde ago. I bought it because I used to carry a smaller version of the
same
set when I was a service tech for Rogers Cable Toronto...and that set had
survived a number of serious "falls" (including a trip down a flight of
stairs!) but
continued to work!

Of course, I'm just not a "TV person!" About the only thing I watch is the
Weather Network...but I can get that via the net! In fact, I look for
thrown-
away vacuum-tube TV's...just to save the tubes...!

Steven C. Barr