[78-L] RE-45

smille1 at nycap.rr.com smille1 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Dec 15 08:42:43 PST 2009

Well, I'm not certain if I'd run a 25 cycle one on 60 cycles or not, but
that's just me, I don't know enough about them to dare.  The good news is,
the induction motors which should be all they ever came with, I believe, at
least the Victor Data Book makes no mention of Universal motors being
available for this one, are very easy to find.  I have at least 4 spares in
my basement I keep for parts since I have three Victors that have them,
I've had to replace a open coil on one in ten years, but it pays to keep
the parts on hand.

If you can find a good radio guy in Toronto (there must be someone?) that
can recap the radio and check all the tubes and advise on the 25 cycle vs.
60 cycle issue, these sets are known for being relatively easy to get and
keep running.  Oh, and you'll need to have the rubber replaced in the horse
shoe pickup, there's West-tech in Canada someplace that rebuilds these.

They sound damned good rebuilt.

Sean