[78-L] A word of warning concerning playback of Warner "BigBand" set Re: They are practically Giving away the Vitaphone DVD set!

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Dec 14 15:29:03 PST 2009

From: agp <agp2176 at verizon.net>
> Don't even get me started on the idiocy of region encoding. What an
> absolute heap of stinky donkey dung that is!

As I mentioned earler, it is ridiculous to use this for controlling
which markets are going to get certain films first, but then the
restriction code continues long after the film has been made available
EVERYWHERE.

> Case in point -- the Canadian TV series Psi Factor as seen on Global
> -- only season one is available in Region 1 - the home region!
> Seasons 2 to 4 -- region 2 only -- Germany. Huh?

Well, that is also the U.K.  But still it shows a disregard for
marketing sense, and a hatred for their customers.

> Anyone know a region free hack for a Philips PET741B portable DVD player?  T

Hmmm, the purple WalMart Cyber Monday special.  It is not even listed
yet on the sites.  It is too new, it probably was debuted for it, and
might have been made especially for this.  Keep checking, people might
start experimenting.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com