[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 12 03:07:41 PST 2009

Bud Black wrote:
> In 1947 Dick Todd with Marek Warnow's orchestra and chorus, recorded "All
> Around The Christmas Tree," on the Sonora label  I remember thinking at the
> time that this song would become a Christmas classic heard every year.  Boy,
> was I wrong!  The record was played extensively on the radio, but by the
> following year it had almost faded into obscurity.  All in all.....I kinda
> liked it!
>
> Bud
Oddly enough, Warnow's brother Raymond Scott recorded it in 1940. It
didn't make much of an impression on me. It was recorded November 29,
which would have made it tight for good sales before Xmas. The reverse
"Happy Birthday To You", however, could've sold at any time.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4680 (20091211) __________

http://www.eset.com