[78-L] The Christmas Songs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 11 20:14:17 PST 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

Actually you have that disc..it's on buff Bluebird. It was issued on BB in the
states, from dubbed masters. Todd did turn up on Compo pressings later on
though, on Gavotte (from Rondo, pressed by Compo) and then on Decca.

Someone else with a similar style was Stuart Allen..sounded like the bastard
child of Bob Crosby and Dick Todd. But then so did Perry Como in the late 30s.
If you couldn't be Bing, be Bob.