[78-L] The Christmas Songs

Matthew Duncan duncdude2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 17:19:53 PST 2009

My favourite christmas songs:

1. SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON II - SONNY BOY'S CHRISTMAS BLUES - TRUMPET, 1951
2. LONNIE DONEGAN - ON A CHRISTMAS DAY - COLUMBIA, 1955 (or 56)
3. BLIND LEMON JEFFERSON - CHRISTMAS EVE BLUES - PARAMOUNT, c.1927

...and I quite like the Debroy Somers medley too...and the same one by Teddy Brown on the Vocalion label's 8" Broadcast imprint.....so a bit of a mixture of yule shellac there!

Matthew.