[78-L] Bigots^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 11 14:29:52 PST 2009

From: "Bob Rice" <bobrice at snet.net>
> Remember immigrants USED to come here to be American . . .
> They swore allegience on a Bible,

Not necessarily.  They can affirm their allegiance on a cookbook if they
desire.

>  . . .  well, U.S.A. IS a Christian thinking state?

Glad you ended with a question mark.  Whenever I hear about this or any
other nation being "Christian", from historical evidence I start to
worry.  The Holy Roman Empire was Christian.  15th Century Spain was
Christian.  Czarist Russia was Christian.  The Austria-Hungarian Empire
was Christan.  The German Reichs One through Three were Christian.
When my grandparents lived there, Poland was devoutly a Christian
country.  The Christianity of all of these examples are not anything to
emulate -- and some of the greatest evils in our world today are based
on one or another religions' domination or attempted domination of
governments, citizens, or neighbors.  Historically, nothing good comes
from situations where religion dominate the governing of a country --
and sometimes the greatest peril is to religion itself!!!

> IF you don't like it, the planes, trains and automobiles fly BOTH ways!

Not always.

> Of course you are getting the Church/State
> argument nowadaze, big time. ACLU comes to mind.

Actually the Constitution and Thomas Jefferson come to mind.

> Christmas trees on Public Property? Big deal,

Spoken like a true Christian.

> IF ya don't like it, yur free to go! DO!

If you don't like how the country is run, YOU are ALSO free to go.  Go
start up your own Christian nation, just not in my neighborhood.

> ENGLISH is, or SHOULD be our National language, too! Learn it!

Spoken by the person who spells words "ya", "yur", "nowadaze", "biz" and
"allegience".  I suggest you learn it first.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com