[78-L] ARSC Conference 2010 -- Call for Presentations -- Deadline Reminder

Bill Klinger klinger at modex.com
Thu Dec 10 16:31:47 PST 2009

The Outreach Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
(ARSC) posts the following message.

--- DEADLINE REMINDER: 2010 ARSC CONFERENCE, CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ---
Proposal deadline: January 4, 2010

The Association for Recorded Sound Collections invites proposals for
presentations at its 44th annual conference, to be held May 19-22, 2010, in
one of the most fascinating cultural centers in America, New Orleans,
Louisiana. The conference will take place at the historic Chateau Bourbon,
located in the heart of the French Quarter.

ARSC welcomes presentations on the preservation and study of sound
recordings in all genres of music and speech, in any format, and from any
period. The enthusiastic audience will be drawn from our community of
collectors, historians, musicians, preservationists, and archivists.

In general, we give preference to demonstrations, papers, and panels that
are informative, well organized, and include compelling audio and visual
content, presented by people who display a passion about their subjects.
Presentations may deal with technical issues such as preservation and
archives management or with content-related topics such as discography,
repertoire, and artist profiles. This year we especially welcome
presentations that showcase New Orleans and the surrounding area and their
rich recording heritage.

The deadline for receiving presentation proposals is January 4, 2010.
Receipt will be acknowledged by e-mail. Presenters will be notified of
acceptance by January 31, 2010.

For more information and the Call for Presentations form, visit:
http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference/pdf/2010call.rtf

General conference information can be found at:
http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference/

Tim Brooks
ARSC Program Chair
tim at timbrooks.net

The Association for Recorded Sound Collections is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to the preservation and study of sound recordings -- in all genres
of music and speech, in all formats, and from all periods. ARSC is unique in
bringing together private individuals and institutional professionals --
everyone with a serious interest in recorded sound.