[78-L] Radio influenced recordings and player piano roll

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Thu Dec 10 13:21:17 PST 2009

I've never heard  the song in question, but I have  an old player piano roll, recently uncovered, along with other dolls,  of the song.   The title is listed as "I wish where was a wireless to Heaven, then Momma would not seem so far away".  The information on the piano roll box  says it is a ballad in the key of E Flat, played by Ralph Relchenstral, composed by White and produced by Fred Fisher, Inc.  The brand of the piano roll is Voco Word Roll and was printed in 1922.  Anyone know where a copy of the  song could be heard?   I no longer have a player piano.
Jim Whipkey

  Subject: Re: [78-L] Radio-influenced recordings