[78-L] Invitation to NYC ARSC screening of Leah's documentary

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Dec 9 18:49:05 PST 2009

For all of you in the NYC area, or who might be able to travel to the
NYC area, I hope you will consider attending the following.  ALL are
invited.  No membership is required.  And you will get to see some of
the legendary outtakes.

ARSC New York Chapter
December 2009 Meeting

FEATURING LEAH BIEL,
WHO WILL INTRODUCE HER DOCUMENTARY FILM

“For the Record”

As the daughter of Mike Biel, an extraordinarily enterprising
“omnivore”
collector and major ARSC presence, Leah has grown up with and developed
an
unusually keen appreciation of the collector’s personality and
foibles. “For the Record” is a one-hour video documentary that
examines the
activity of record collecting from a positive view of 16 collectors,
many
of whom are ARSC members. Traveling from Toronto to Texas, from
Connecticut
to Kentucky, I visited most of the collectors in their home base where
you
will see them, their collections, and even some archival footage from
ARSC
conventions past. The video was done as my thesis for the Master of Fine

Arts degree at Brooklyn College”.

Introduced at last spring’s ARSC Conference in Washington, D.C.,
“For the
Record” is both informative and richly entertaining.

Thursday, 12/17/09
at the CUNY Sonic Arts Center
West 140th Street & Convent Avenue, New York
or enter at 138th Street off Convent Avenue
Shepard Hall (the Gothic building) – Recital Hall (Room 95, Basement
level)

An elevator is located in the center of the building

DIRECTIONS

Subway: Take the 1 train to 137th Street City College and walk north to
140th St. & Broadway,
then go east to 140th St. & Convent Ave.
Take the A, B, C, or D trains to 145th St, go south on St. Nicholas to
141st St, (one long block),
then west one block to Convent Ave. and south one more block to 140th
&
Convent Ave.
Bus: M3 goes on Convent Avenue with stops at 138 & 140 St.
M4 and M5 on Broadway
M 101,102,103 on Amsterdam Ave (one block West of Convent Ave.)

NY ARSC Meeting from 7PM to 9PM
~ doors (and refreshments) at 6:30 ~
voluntary contributions to help defray our expenses are welcome!