[78-L] Rug Cutter's Swing question

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Mon Dec 7 14:58:12 PST 2009

I just checked the ASCAP ACE search where composer credit goes to Fletcher H. Henderson.  Title variations are all with S at end, so the Red Allen listing by Lord is an unauthorized variation of the title.  That brings up the question of how the title is spelled on the original Red Allen 78 rpm and the reissues.

Furthermore, Lord lists the title Rug Cutter -- sans the word Swing -- as recorded by Charles Prouch on Viennola 3021.  Does anyone have this Austrian release?  If so, can you audition it and advise if it is this the same tune as recorded by Red Allen & Henderson?

Art