[78-L] three riddles

Jan Hovers janhovers at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:33:29 PST 2009

Mike wrote:When I was in Moscow in 1995, one of the things I was especially hoping to find was an X-Ray recording.I love your story and didn’t know about the existence of these. I found this short article:
http://www.collectorsquest.com/blog/2007/03/15/music-on-bones-soviet-x-ray-record-albums/

Thanks, Mike, for your info about jazz during the communistic regime. I did not know that it was tolerated in various periods of time. Just because I always thought that the regime would associate it with the capitalistic United States of A.

My crippled English created a little misunderstanding. I was wondering if you are able to read the title of the song on the label I scanned of the record, which is on my website. Just to make sure what you read. On the website of Tsfasman it says:  The Sounds of Jazz but Julian quoted Lang with the title The sound of dance .

The BBC programme on The Beatles in the USSR was also broadcasted here. Amazing what they meant for the youth!

Also many thanks to Julian for the information from Lang. Maybe Santaclaus will be so kind this year to wrap Lang up for me.