[78-L] Too much STUFF! (was Looking for a home for 78s)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Dec 6 19:16:13 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> As the late great George Carlin said, "Their stuff is sh*t and your sh*t
> is STUFF!"
> OK, my name is David and I am a stuffaholic.

Okeh...harsh reality here!! Museums (which I assume we all value!?) exist
ONLY
because a/some/a lot of us "pack rats" elected to keep stuff after its "best
before"
dates were long past! Admittedly, REALLY old stuff was unearthed by
archaeologists...but the harsh reality is that we humans tend to be
fascinated
by collections (accumulations?!) of miscellaneae from a past we recall?!

"Stuff" goes through at least four stages...?!
(1) Still useful...DON'T discard it!!
(2) Apparently obsolete...can still be used, but at a "cost" compared to the
current versions!
(3) To Be Discarded
(4) "Valuable antique!!"

Steven C. Barr