[78-L] [OTRMP3] Looking for a home for 78s

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Dec 6 16:57:08 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>
>> Sean Miller wrote:
>>> Yeah, me neither, considering my basement is now a path
> Path?  PATH??!!  We don't need no steenkin' path here.
>>> and my former office
>>> has turned into a staging area for new arrivals and it's stuffed to the
>>> gills....yikes....
>>> Sean
> Right now my entranceway and computer area is so clogged with incoming
> packages that I literally have to move things not just to get at other
> things, but to get to the door.  And my laundry is piled up on the
> basement stairs where I threw it to get it down to the laundry room.  If
> I don't do my laundry I'll never see my records again.  I'm expecting my
> Nauction winnings and it won't fit in the door when it arrives.

All I can say is that I'm proving that Oshawa carpenters built well back in
1869!! I currently have about 56,000 78's in over 300 milk boxesscattered
about my premises...or about 28,000 lbs. of shellac; pretty well divided
evenly between basement (where I have a dehumidifier running) and upper
"residential" storeys. So far, I have yet to see any bad effects...that was
NOT
the case in my 1886 Toronto semi, where putting about 2500 78's in an
upstairs bedroom caused cracks to appear in the plaster in the
room below!

When I win many millions in the lottery...I will then be able to (1) buy ALL
the 78's I "need" (i.e. any I don't already own!!); (2) buy some industrial-
grade steel shelving (I used to own one such unit...LONG & sad story!!)
and (3) set up a workable storage system (which may involve finding a
wholesale source for milk boxes by disguising myself as a dairy?!)

Steven C. Barr